Wednesday, March 12, 2014

February Favorites!!

Hey dolls! Hope everyone is great and having a Fabulous week thus far! I know it's mid-March but I'm just getting around to posting my February favorites. I really wanted to mention them this month since they are some awesome products! So without further adue, here they are! If anyone has any questions regarding any products or would like a review, please let me know in the comments!


1. Nars Torrid blush-Gives me such a nice glow, you do have to have a light hand with this blush because it’s very easy to over due, but it has great pigmentation like most Nars blushes, and gives me a beautiful, subtle look, great for everyday wear.
2. Ben-Nye Banana Powder-Absolutely love this powder, it’s so affordable, and I love that they finally changed the packaging of it! It does have a yellow tint to it, hence the name Banana, but it is such a silky, fine milled powder, and it goes on beautifully. It has become a staple in my collection since I discovered it. I apply it over my foundation and set my concealer with it and it doesn't make me look powdery or cake faced, it has great coverage and lasts all day.
3. Mac Love Nectar Lipglass-Pinkish, coral lip-gloss with sparkles in it=LOVE! I wear it sometimes alone, or over a pinky-nude lipstick, it wears great and looks great, so I've really been enjoying it as well.
4. Revlon Color-Stay Foundation-Revlon must have changed the formulation of this foundation, I used to use this 4 years ago and it was runnier than I remember, nonetheless a great foundation, I even heard it was discontinued for a while. It wears long as it indicates-I've worn it up to 12 hours or so and I do touch up at least once a day because I am VERY oily. It does not emphasize any dry patches on me, or look cakey, it reminds me of a mousse type of foundation when I apply it to the back to my hand when I’m getting ready to apply to my face. It does dry quickly so you have to move fast, but hands down one of the best drugstore foundations I’ve tried and LOVE.
5. Mac Pro-Longwear Concealer-The BEST concealer I have ever tried, and I have tried many! I've tried concealers from all brands, high and low, and found a problem with so many of them until I saw all the rave reviews and everyone using this concealer on Youtube so I had to get it, and I’m so glad I did, I get blemishes from time to time and this covers them so well I can’t even see my blemish at all! It also works very well under the eyes to brighten that area, and Jacklyn Hill likes to use it on her eyelids which works well too. I can’t see myself living without this concealer, thank you Mac for finally making a product that works so well for me!
6. Josie Maran Argan Illuminizor-I love to mix this into my foundation some days when I want a really glowy dewy look, I use a pump of it and mix in with my foundation and BAM, beautiful glowing skin. It doesn't make you look glittery or sparkly, just the right amount of a glow. Some days I do use it just as a cheek highlighter it’s great for that too. Josie Maran makes some great products and I can’t wait to try more from her line!
7. Benefit Hoola Bronzer-I love bronzers, I own a few but this one I have found myself to be reaching for more the month of February. I've had this for quite sometime but just recently started using it more and more. When I have time to contour, I love using this bronzer, it’s matte and it’s a great shade, doesn't make you look muddy or orange.
8. Mac Ginger Root Lip Pencil-Great pinkish/nude lip liner, got this at a CCO sometime ago so it is discontinued but if you can get your hands on it, it’s great! I love lining my lips before applying my lipstick for the day as it makes your lipstick long wearing, and this lip liner is a tad darker than my skin tone so it shows up well on my lips.
9. Mac 116 Blush Brush-One of my favorite brushes from Mac. In fact it was the first brush I purchased from Mac years ago, it applies blush to the apples of my cheek bones so flawless and effortlessly. I also like to use this for highlighting as well. It picks up a good amount of product, doesn't shed when I've washed it, I've had it over 4 years and it is still in great shape. All in all great brush!
10. Real Techniques Powder Brush-I recently discovered this line of brushes, I know I know I’m late but OMG, this powder brush is HEAVEN. I’m not even joking! I’m not one to go out and buy a $60 powder brush because I think that’s a lot of money for brushes and just can’t justify spending that kind of money for a powder brush, or any brush for that fact, but when I first saw these brushes and how affordable they are I had to try them, I was previously using an Elf powder brush, it was scratchy, was shedding and just annoyed my face when it came time to apply powder. This brush is dense, big and very, very soft. It feels luxurious on my face and now I LOVE applying my powder. I've washed it a few times and no shedding, so I look forward to adding more of these brushes to my collection.

What are some of your current favorites? Let me know in the comments!

XOXO,

Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment